Last updated on septiembre 15th, 2021
The Different Types of Basketball Betting
No one can deny that the sport, basketball, has millions of fans with legends like Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and Michael Jordan. They have become iconic names that many will recognize whether they are a basketball fan or not.
Being one of the top sports loved by the world, it also considerably has a lot of followers in the sports betting industry. Punters look for the best sports betting API to place their bets whenever famous sporting events, such as the NBA finals, happen. With sports betting legalized in countries like the U.S. and the U.K., basketball betting is steadily becoming one of the sought after sports to bet on.
Courtesy of 800-Gambler
There are many different types of basketball betting. The most commonly used are:
- Line Betting or Moneyline is when you have to decide on who will win the game, and it must not end in a draw.
- Point Spread Betting is when a handicap is imposed on one of the teams, which are often the favourites, to make both of them equal in terms of sports betting.
- Over or Under Betting is when a punter must bet on whether a match will finish above or below an already set of points. But the total of points can also vary depending on the game.
Basketball betting offers a variety of betting options. Punters just need to find the right sportsbooks that will help them place their bets conveniently, preferably those with live sports odds API data feed. These will help them in making informed judgments for their bets.
They can analyze the stats in real-time with access to information about the teams and the players.
Courtesy of Statista
All punters value information because knowing who the top scorers, for example, can influence how they will place their bets. Betting is not an easy task because it requires research, probabilities and analysis. If you want to get better at it, these articles could help:
- 60% Profit Betting Strategy Explained
- Point Spread Betting Explained
- Decimal Odds vs Fractional Odds Explained
- Over/Under Betting Explained
- 1X2 Betting Explained
But, if you really want to become a professional bettor, then open an account with VOdds. Not only will you have access to many reliable bookmakers, but you’ll also have one of the best sports trading API for odds and bets in real-time!